Welcome.


Hi everyone and welcome to Bristol Grandparents Support Group blog. Although we are Bristol based we have grandparents from all over the UK and beyond as members.

It is estimated that over one million children in the UK are denied contact with their grandparents due to family breakdown which may have been caused by divorce/separation, alcohol/drug dependency,domestic violence,bereavement or family feud.
Every child has the right to have contact with their grandparents
if they wish and unless proven unsafe for them to do so. To deny contact from a parent or grandparent has to become as socially unacceptable as drink driving.
I hope to keep you up to date with what is going on in BGSG and I shall continue to campaign for the rights of children to have a loving and meaningful relationship with both parents and their extended family. So please join in as good to hear your views, not just mine!
I also will support via Skype.
There is no membership fee to be part of Bristol Grandparents Support Group.
Esther Rantzen says, " To every grandparent, links of love can never be broken in our hearts."

Please contact during office hours.
07773258270


Saturday 17 December 2011

What can I do, where can I go?

I am often asked that question.
Of course you can always contact me, join our support group but there other things as well.
It is important that you keep yourselves well , if you are feeling low go and see your doctor who may well be able to offer you some counselling sessions, in most areas the first few sessions are free, so please ask.
It is also time to think about you and the here and now, your life and your family and friends.
I made a decision to do just that and decided to sing!!
Not on my own, although I do that as well!
I joined a local Gospel choir and it has been a revelation, being part of a group and raising the roof is amazingly good therapy.
You don't have to be a great singer just to want to tra,la,la is enough.
The choir is full of people who have or are experiencing all sorts of problems, but for an hour and half every week, culminating in concerts is time for you, to be you and to escape for awhile.
I strongly recommend you look at your area, there are community choirs popping up all over the country.
I promise ,you won't regret it.
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment