Hi everyone and welcome to Bristol Grandparents Support Group blog. Although we are Bristol based we have grandparents from all over the UK and beyond as members.

It is estimated that over one million children in the UK are denied contact with their grandparents due to family breakdown which may have been caused by divorce/separation, alcohol/drug dependency,domestic violence,bereavement or family feud.
Every child has the right to have contact with their grandparents
if they wish and unless proven unsafe for them to do so. To deny contact from a parent or grandparent has to become as socially unacceptable as drink driving.
I hope to keep you up to date with what is going on in BGSG and I shall continue to campaign for the rights of children to have a loving and meaningful relationship with both parents and their extended family. So please join in as good to hear your views, not just mine!
I also will support via Skype.
There is no membership fee to be part of Bristol Grandparents Support Group.
Esther Rantzen says, " To every grandparent, links of love can never be broken in our hearts."

Please contact during office hours.

Thursday 28 February 2013

Forms for application for leave to court to apply for a contact order.

I have been asked several times for information for grandparents who decide to go down the legal route for contact.
You will firstly have to apply to the court for 'leave' (permission) to then apply for a contact order.
I hope this helps a bit, don't forget I am no legal expert so this is just the information I have researched, it hopefully will point you in the right direction.

To apply to the Family Court for ‘leave’ to then apply to the court for contact of your grandchild.
Firstly find the address of the court you are applying to.
You need to complete a Form C2:
Put the name of the Court e.g.: “Bristol County Court” the family section.
Give full names of all children involved .
Then about you: You are the applicant Grandparents apply together.
The orders and directions you are applying for.
Persons to be served: Served means a copy. The main people involved in the case should be served so they know to come to court. Give names and addresses of social worker, guardian, your solicitor, parents solicitors if applicable and any other main people who need to attend court.
Your Reasons: Give details of why you want to have contact. Put it in your own words put exactly what you want to say. Sign and date.

You will then need to submit Form C1, the actual application.


No comments:

Post a Comment