Welcome.


Hi everyone and welcome to Bristol Grandparents Support Group blog. Although we are Bristol based we have grandparents from all over the UK and beyond as members.

It is estimated that over one million children in the UK are denied contact with their grandparents due to family breakdown which may have been caused by divorce/separation, alcohol/drug dependency,domestic violence,bereavement or family feud.
Every child has the right to have contact with their grandparents
if they wish and unless proven unsafe for them to do so. To deny contact from a parent or grandparent has to become as socially unacceptable as drink driving.
I hope to keep you up to date with what is going on in BGSG and I shall continue to campaign for the rights of children to have a loving and meaningful relationship with both parents and their extended family. So please join in as good to hear your views, not just mine!
I also will support via Skype.
There is no membership fee to be part of Bristol Grandparents Support Group.
Esther Rantzen says, " To every grandparent, links of love can never be broken in our hearts."

Please contact during office hours.
07773258270


Tuesday 22 October 2013

Letter to my granddaughter (2)

Below is a letter to my granddaughter, but it is also a special space for you to write a letter to your grandchildren. Just write it in the comment box and I will post it for you.


My Dear L...... ,
I hope you have had a wonderful Summer and that you have had fun in the sun.
It seems all too soon we are galloping along towards Christmas, festive goodies are springing up in all the shops.
I wish I could ask you what you would like, it has been nearly 7 years now since I last saw you, no longer a little girl but a young woman, so I guess paint and glittery stuff are right out the window!
Maybe some jewellery, make- up or perfume?
Is your hair still long and blonde or is it short and red?
When I had your twin cousins out last week in their push chair we found some magnificently huge bright yellow sunflowers, they giggled with delight, I thought of you. Do you remember kneeling down in the garden with your seeds and pots, carefully planting one precious seed into each pot, and carefully watering them, not spilling a drop?
Sadly, you never did see the results, lots of sunny yellow flowers growing up the garage wall, smiley faces just like yours.
How I miss your laughter and your thirst for life.
Never ever think we have forgotten you, you are here in all our hearts every single minute of every single day.
Your smiling face is always on the fireplace for us all to see, with vases of Sweet Peas in the summer, I chat to you as I pass, telling you this and that.
I know that one day we will be able to tell you ourselves how much we love you, until that day, live your life to the full, take every opportunity you are offered and laugh a lot.
With all my love,
Gran.



No comments:

Post a Comment