Welcome.


Hi everyone and welcome to Bristol Grandparents Support Group blog. Although we are Bristol based we have grandparents from all over the UK and beyond as members.

It is estimated that over one million children in the UK are denied contact with their grandparents due to family breakdown which may have been caused by divorce/separation, alcohol/drug dependency,domestic violence,bereavement or family feud.
Every child has the right to have contact with their grandparents
if they wish and unless proven unsafe for them to do so. To deny contact from a parent or grandparent has to become as socially unacceptable as drink driving.
I hope to keep you up to date with what is going on in BGSG and I shall continue to campaign for the rights of children to have a loving and meaningful relationship with both parents and their extended family. So please join in as good to hear your views, not just mine!
I also will support via Skype.
There is no membership fee to be part of Bristol Grandparents Support Group.
Esther Rantzen says, " To every grandparent, links of love can never be broken in our hearts."

Please contact during office hours.
07773258270


Wednesday 6 November 2013

Be grateful for today.

Over the last 10 days I have been overwhelmed by the responses of people using all forms of social media to share their concerns for a grandmother who is still missing in France, her car has been found but as yet no sightings of Carol.
I have never met this lady, I was alerted to the fact she was missing by a friend, and it was obvious to me to try and alert people through my own social media network.
What it has done is to make me focus on what is important.
When I wake every morning, wondering if she has been found, I just hold on to that moment, that moment of being part of a new day, not a wet, grey dank Wednesday morning, but a unique day.
A day full of opportunities.
I need to look  up into the sky, a sky that is ever changing from one minute to the next, I need to look into the eyes of people I meet today, all are unique, no-one the same as the other, all with their own stories to tell.
I need to take time to listen and to watch.
Brushing past a spiders web, I need to remind myself of the hard toil that has been for a small creature, the wonder of the dew that has formed on every thread.
There is nothing compared to a smile, a touch of a hand, sharing laughter or mopping up tears.
I am so grateful for my family, friends and the privilege of another day on this magical earth.
So it can never be, just another day.

Jane
www.bristolgrandparentssupportgroup.co.uk

* Sadly after I had posted this, the authorities discovered Carol's body, my thoughts are with all of her family and friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment