Welcome.


Hi everyone and welcome to Bristol Grandparents Support Group blog. Although we are Bristol based we have grandparents from all over the UK and beyond as members.

It is estimated that over one million children in the UK are denied contact with their grandparents due to family breakdown which may have been caused by divorce/separation, alcohol/drug dependency,domestic violence,bereavement or family feud.
Every child has the right to have contact with their grandparents
if they wish and unless proven unsafe for them to do so. To deny contact from a parent or grandparent has to become as socially unacceptable as drink driving.
I hope to keep you up to date with what is going on in BGSG and I shall continue to campaign for the rights of children to have a loving and meaningful relationship with both parents and their extended family. So please join in as good to hear your views, not just mine!
I also will support via Skype.
There is no membership fee to be part of Bristol Grandparents Support Group.
Esther Rantzen says, " To every grandparent, links of love can never be broken in our hearts."

Please contact during office hours.
07773258270


Sunday 6 April 2014

Next week is 7 years exactly since I saw my granddaughter.

Next week it will be 7 years since I last had any contact with my granddaughter.
She will be now no longer  be a little girl of 7yrs but becoming a young women. These milestones always seem to me a time to reflect.
I remember the good times we had together, playing in the park, planting sunflowers, gluing, painting and generally making a mess.
Why is it that little people like washing up? Hours spent at the sink standing on a chair, putting plates in ,taking plates out, over and over again.
I can not help but smile as I recall those precious times, neither of us knew that Easter time in 2007 whilst hunting for Easter eggs around the garden,  would be the last time we would  share the laughter and fun.
I often wonder, had I known what was going to happen would I have done anything different?
I do know that I would have held her hand a little tighter, would have had just another hug and I would have told her I loved her, just once more.
I hate the thought of her, thinking that her family here in Bristol, apparently suddenly stopped loving her, stopped caring about her when the truth is so different.
All of my family, miss her beyond words and would give anything to see her again for her to be allowed to be part of our lives again.
Most of all her Dad, who has been denied the opportunity of a relationship with his daughter for 7 years.
We hope and pray that one day soon she will find us, still here, still just as we were,  a Dad, a step mum, a grandpa, a gran, an uncle, and aunts and cousins who so desperately want to see that smile again.
Jane
www.bristolgrandparentssupportgroup.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment