Welcome.


Hi everyone and welcome to Bristol Grandparents Support Group blog. Although we are Bristol based we have grandparents from all over the UK and beyond as members.

It is estimated that over one million children in the UK are denied contact with their grandparents due to family breakdown which may have been caused by divorce/separation, alcohol/drug dependency,domestic violence,bereavement or family feud.
Every child has the right to have contact with their grandparents
if they wish and unless proven unsafe for them to do so. To deny contact from a parent or grandparent has to become as socially unacceptable as drink driving.
I hope to keep you up to date with what is going on in BGSG and I shall continue to campaign for the rights of children to have a loving and meaningful relationship with both parents and their extended family. So please join in as good to hear your views, not just mine!
I also will support via Skype.
There is no membership fee to be part of Bristol Grandparents Support Group.
Esther Rantzen says, " To every grandparent, links of love can never be broken in our hearts."

Please contact during office hours.
07773258270


Friday 13 December 2013

Together we stand.

Thank you so much to everyone who came to the meeting this afternoon, it was lovely to see you all.
The Tree of Hope is now covered in messages and looks amazing, such thoughtful and meaningful words written by you all.
One day I will make a book of them!
I keep all the messages and now have hundreds in a special box, 5 years worth to be exact.
The house today was also full of genuine care and understanding, human beings at their very best, all brought together because something has gone badly wrong within their families, keeping people apart from the children/grandchildren they love.
This is not a place for who is right or who is wrong, just a place for us to be together and to share.
There was a great deal of laughter, as there always is, and I would like to thank each and every one of you for your friendship,which Marc and I value greatly.
Speaking personally, although I have met all of you marvellous people because of being denied contact with my granddaughter, you have all made my life so much richer just because you are you.
None of us know what the future holds, but I do know that we will all stand shoulder to shoulder for the sake of our families.
Bless you all.
Jane
www.bristolgrandparentssupportgroup.co.uk

Oh yes, just a small apology for my numerous spelling and grammatical errors that I do on a very regular basis, my only excuse is I type to fast and type from my heart not my head!!!!!!! Thanks MP.xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment