Welcome.


Hi everyone and welcome to Bristol Grandparents Support Group blog. Although we are Bristol based we have grandparents from all over the UK and beyond as members.

It is estimated that over one million children in the UK are denied contact with their grandparents due to family breakdown which may have been caused by divorce/separation, alcohol/drug dependency,domestic violence,bereavement or family feud.
Every child has the right to have contact with their grandparents
if they wish and unless proven unsafe for them to do so. To deny contact from a parent or grandparent has to become as socially unacceptable as drink driving.
I hope to keep you up to date with what is going on in BGSG and I shall continue to campaign for the rights of children to have a loving and meaningful relationship with both parents and their extended family. So please join in as good to hear your views, not just mine!
I also will support via Skype.
There is no membership fee to be part of Bristol Grandparents Support Group.
Esther Rantzen says, " To every grandparent, links of love can never be broken in our hearts."

Please contact during office hours.
07773258270


Wednesday 4 June 2014

Out of bad,there is good.

They say that out of bad there is good, and I think that is true.
7 years ago when I realised that contact had been stopped with my granddaughter, I didn't think I would ever get over it, but the decision to set up Bristol Grandparents Support Group was absolutely the right thing for me to do.
It seems to me that when these tragic things happen in your life you either sink or swim. If you sink it achieves nothing other than you becoming enveloped in your own grief, unable to function and enable to enjoy the positives in your life, to be so thankful for life itself.
When I took that deep breathe and began swimming it made me focus on other people, therefore not always thinking about me and my sadness.
I would of course give anything for our situation never to have occurred, but it has and over the last 7 years the most amazing people have come into my life. People whom I would never have met, people who are now friends and people of trust.
I am also very fortunate to have friends in my life that I have known for over 50 years, friends who know me better than myself, I am so blessed.
Others I have perhaps only known for a short time, but they make a huge impact in my life and the thoughts and prayers they share with me are immeasurable.
So I would just like to thank each and every one of you, it is you who make the difference, who give your time, thoughts and experiences to make the life we lead a better place.
It may well be pouring with rain outside as I write but it is helping the flowers grow. As I said at the beginning, out of the bad, there is good.

Jane
www.bristolgrandparentssupportgroup.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment