Welcome.


Hi everyone and welcome to Bristol Grandparents Support Group blog. Although we are Bristol based we have grandparents from all over the UK and beyond as members.

It is estimated that over one million children in the UK are denied contact with their grandparents due to family breakdown which may have been caused by divorce/separation, alcohol/drug dependency,domestic violence,bereavement or family feud.
Every child has the right to have contact with their grandparents
if they wish and unless proven unsafe for them to do so. To deny contact from a parent or grandparent has to become as socially unacceptable as drink driving.
I hope to keep you up to date with what is going on in BGSG and I shall continue to campaign for the rights of children to have a loving and meaningful relationship with both parents and their extended family. So please join in as good to hear your views, not just mine!
I also will support via Skype.
There is no membership fee to be part of Bristol Grandparents Support Group.
Esther Rantzen says, " To every grandparent, links of love can never be broken in our hearts."

Please contact during office hours.
07773258270


Tuesday 30 November 2010

Poem

The Special Story.

Today I watched the little ones, angels, kings and fluffy sheep,

Memories when my children were on stage, memories to savour and to keep,

Telling the story we hear, at this time of the year, carols ringing out,
Teachers saying with encouragement, that there is no need to shout!

I wonder what my Granddaughter is in the important tale,
I have no doubt, she will raise a smile without fail,
How I long to see her, perhaps a donkey or maybe a star,
That tiny babe, his mum and dad, three kings from afar.

I my garden standing proud, a special Christmas tree,
With messages from Grandparents, their thoughts will fly free
Straight to the hearts of their precious ones, hugs and kiss
Across the miles, over the water, to those we miss.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment