Welcome.


Hi everyone and welcome to Bristol Grandparents Support Group blog. Although we are Bristol based we have grandparents from all over the UK and beyond as members.

It is estimated that over one million children in the UK are denied contact with their grandparents due to family breakdown which may have been caused by divorce/separation, alcohol/drug dependency,domestic violence,bereavement or family feud.
Every child has the right to have contact with their grandparents
if they wish and unless proven unsafe for them to do so. To deny contact from a parent or grandparent has to become as socially unacceptable as drink driving.
I hope to keep you up to date with what is going on in BGSG and I shall continue to campaign for the rights of children to have a loving and meaningful relationship with both parents and their extended family. So please join in as good to hear your views, not just mine!
I also will support via Skype.
There is no membership fee to be part of Bristol Grandparents Support Group.
Esther Rantzen says, " To every grandparent, links of love can never be broken in our hearts."

Please contact during office hours.
07773258270


Sunday 12 January 2014

Celebrate the time I had with my granddaughter.

I have no doubt, like me, you spend time researching and reading websites, forums and blogs on Parental Alienation, denied contact , reading books by eminent, apparent experts in their field ect.
What I have found is that after dissecting , questioning and probably blaming myself for everything, that it is an unhealthy thing to do.
If you are in a situation of experiencing a breakdown of a relationship, as in being denied contact, continually reading all the quite naturally negative stuff does you no good at all.
Everyone has an opinion, of what you should do, what you should have done and has an explanation of peoples behaviour.
I wonder if reading all this is helpful?
Actually, for me, no.
What has happened has happened, I personally can do nothing about it, all I can do is to lend an understanding ear, a sturdy shoulder and for others to know that they don't need to explain.
So I am going to try hard not to do any more reading as to why, but to look to  how best to support and to celebrate the time I had with my granddaughter and to treasure those memories that are with me every day, they can never be withdrawn from me.
I love her more than words can say, I will always love her and I will always be here for her.

Jane
www.bristolgrandparentssupportgroup.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment